Just in time for Mother’s Day, Laury, our holistic nutritionst is sending over her sound nutritional advice along with the happy holiday wishes!’
The Fit in Your Genes program nutritional focus is key to our success. The blood sugar and hormonal stabilization are important strategies that work in both genders. However, women especially benefit from the normalization of blood sugar. Women are more prone to the issues caused by fluctuating sugar levels due to less lean body mass and higher visceral adiposity as compared to men. Both of these anatomical differences make the impact of blood sugar more prominent. In fact, among diabetic patients with heart issues, women tend to fare far worse than men. So, as you are celebrating, remember that a lot less sugar will give you a lot more health!
- cottage cheese, berries, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, raw veggies
- scrambled eggs, sauteed greens, sliced avocado
- oatmeal, whey protein powder, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, nuts, almond milk
- apple, almond butter
- hummus, raw veggies
- hard boiled egg, celery sticks
- mixed greens salad, avocado, grilled salmon or chicken, pumpkin seeds, olive oil & lemon dressing
- lentil, cabbage & tomato dal
- curry chicken salad on bed of mixed greens
- homemade trail mix
- orange slices and walnuts
- healthy protein bar
The Fit in Your Genes Program uses medical foods validated at the Joselyn Diabetes Center (Harvard Medical School) to help our patients with weight loss and sugar control. When used in conjunction with sensible diet, results are truly remarkable. Our regimen includes supplements that help with cravings, and restore energy. Follow our posts, and learn about our exciting developments in addressing weight loss and metabolic issues in women (and, of course, men!).